As a leading food service company, we have a clear responsibility to protect our environment. We are reducing our impact on the environment, including energy use and food waste. Our programmes focus on the improved use of resources, which helps us to manage our costs effectively.
In the majority of our locations where we are not directly responsible for the procurement of utilities, equipment, fuel etc, we are working closely with our clients to consider how best to improve the environmental performance of our operations.
Ledco is committed to progressively eliminate cleaning chemicals from its business that accumulate in the environment and/or are toxic. We will replace a chemical with a more environmentally responsible alternative when available and if the client permits. We will only source timber and paper ware from certified or recycled Our people ensuring our employees are well trained, motivated and productive is an essential component of our business model. Our people are ambassadors of our service and reputation and we recognize their positive contribution to our performance.
We employ over 500, people in around Malaysia. In a business such as ours, people are at the heart of delivering excellent service to clients and consumers. We operate a specific People MAP implemented across our business globally to ensure consistency in operating practices. It provides a simple framework of objectives, measures and actions. Our five key focus areas are:
• Attract recruit the right people, in the right way and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we work
• Retain having the right rewards and benefits and work environment for people to want to stay with us
• Develop ensuring that people have the right skills to do their job and develop careers with us
• Engage connecting all our people to our goals, motivating them to achieve them and recognizing their achievements
• Perform having the processes in place to measure and continually improve individual performance
Employee diversity We value the diversity of our people and strongly believe that the more our people reflect the diversity of our clients and consumers, the better equipped we are to service their needs. We base our relationship with employees on respect for the dignity of the individual and seek to create a positive, open working environment wherever we operate.